BIBLICAL MANHOOD AND WOMANHOOD
INSTITUTE OF BIBLICAL APOLOGETICS
“Teaching Doctrine, Training Champions”
Dr. Andrew Knight
The perceived problem of manhood and womanhood relative to the culture will be discussed. The description of this problem will be outlined in a deeper level to understand the need. The problem from a biblical perspective will offer the contrast between the culture and the biblical historical record for manhood and womanhood. A biblical blueprint will be offered for masculine identity. An example and principles of masculine leadership taken from the book of Timothy will be discussed. The influence of the feminist philosophy and its effects on marriage, churches, and society will be considered. The example of Adam’s helper will be contrasted with the culture.
The relevance of a discussion of biblical manhood and womanhood could not be greater. A biblical philosophy of manhood and womanhood is a central spiritual issue in the Christian life. The philosophy of manhood and womanhood has had an incredible impact on families, churches, and society at large. This discussion will look at the importance of biblical manhood in relationship to a girlfriend or wife, their church, and the culture. The importance of contrasting our cultural worldview of womanhood with biblical examples is incredibly powerful, and instructive to everyone’s worldview. Women touch every area of society, thus the importance that this discussion will make with women and men.
- A discussion of the culture relative to biblical manhood and womanhood
- A description of what a biblical manhood and womanhood will be offered
- A number of other prominent authors on this subject will discussed
- How feminism has impacted marriages, local churches, and society
- Andrew Knight, Transformational Truth: A Biblical Apologetic, Vol. II, New Smyrna Beach, FL: Centurion Education Foundation, 2020
- TT2, pp. 144-157.
- Greater joy through identity
- Contentment in responsibility
- Peace in His design
- His glory and your fulfillment
- Video/Audio Lessons: In each module, students will find video lessons covering an overview of Does God Exist? And apologetics reasons to believe in God and answers to share with the unbelieving World. Note that the material in these videos is available separate audio and PowerPoint files for ease of review.
- Textbook Readings: In each module, the student will be assigned reading from the textbook, Transformational Truth, Vol. 2. Complete at least fifty pages of reading from Transformational Truth, to include the assigned reading. The reading, along with the audio lessons, provide the primary material with which the student should be familiar.
- Final Quiz: The course will conclude with a final quiz consisting of true/false and multiple-choice questions covering the content of the assigned reading and the video lectures. This quiz can be retaken as many times as the student wishes. Students are encouraged to treat the quiz as learning activity rather than simply a final exam and to take it as often as necessary to develop a familiarity with the class content.